I heart you 2012. Thank you for all you’ve done, all you’ve been for me.
The house is quiet, Fishface has gone to get Puppy Boy and it’s just me and my 90s tunes.
It’s 5 :14 p.m. on New Year’s Eve, and I just want to hug these last solo moments and reflect on all this year brought me.
It was the year:
* I said Yes to the Dress! Surrounded with my entourage of peeps, I found the white tulle ball gown I’d wear on my favorite day ever.
* I explored the family tree a bit and learned how miraculous God can be.
* Tried Yoga for the first time ever in my life. Amazingness.
* Turned 29 and freaked a little knowing this is the last year of my 20s. Heck, still freaking.
* Blogged a whole lot more. Yay for that.
* Made a couple of new friends. Strengthened the bonds between a few acquaintances, neighbors and longtime best friends. Attempted to rekindle one main artery, but there’s always tomorrow for that. I hope.
* Planned our whole wedding with a fabulous team surrounding me at the finish line. From flowers to shoes to wedding party gifts, contracts, payments, sacrifices, tears, happiness, frustrations, reality, surrealism…you name it…we faced it and October 20th never looked so beautiful. I still promise to write about it 😉
* Grew closer to God. Went to church. Got counseled with Marriage 101 classes and private sessions with the most hilarious godly man. There are no words for how much May through October meant to me as these were the months Fishface and I snuggled up to God, prayed more, learned more, believed more.
* Relished every.single. family experience with my parents. These two humans have no idea how loved they are. I immensely enjoyed telling them how much I loved them all year-long. Getting my Dad to tear up twice in one year. Maybe three…hehe. Quite the mission accomplished. From daily Facebook messages with Mom to Dad’s jokes from dinners at home to Redbirds games – I treasured every moment with them.
* Stared at each one of my nieces and realized how fast time goes by and how beautiful things become over time. They’re all growing to become such incredible young people, and they are very close to making my heart burst.
* Got to see my sister AND my brother-in-law. Hate they live so far away, but so happy for all they’ve accomplished.
* I married into a pretty fantastic family. The P.B.S. clan (just invented that! hahaha) is so loving and sweet, and I’m glad to be a part of their family.
* Fishface became my P-I-C for life. I glance at him pretty frequently too, and think ‘Wowziers, God sure did good.” He is an amazing man – one I’m so glad to call my husband.
* I realized more about the importance of gratitude and love. These are two important ingredients for nearly any recipe in life.
Here’s to 2012! Cheers to the year, the once-in-a-lifetime memories, the cake, the booze, the first dance, the toasts (oh Lordy those toasts…still crying over those ;), the conversations, the butterflies, the certainty, the songs, the to-do lists, the ceremony, the unity, the bubbles, the purple shoes, the friends, the family, the rings, the “blah blah blah’s”, the work, the victories, the self-satisfaction, the kisses, the hugs, the vows…to the Year of Love! The beginning of it anyway. 2012…I love you.